The Long Island Mobile Amateur Radio Club, Inc. was formed to encourage and foster mutual interest in Amateur Radio Communications.
Field Day June 23rd and 24th
- Field Day Is HereGood morning,Field Day is upon us!, June 23rd and 24th at the Rosemary Kennedy Center in Wantagh.We expect to be loading the truck in Massapequa Park around 3:30 PM. Our equipment is located in Massapequa Park. Please call me or email me for location.Unless someone has a vehicle capable of handling some tents and other equipment, the truck will have to stop at my house in Old Bethpage, to pick things up. It is not necessary for any one other than the truck driver to come here.The FD site is located on the property of the Rosemary Kennedy Center in Wantagh. The field entrance is located on Oakfield Ave at the intersection of Midland Place.We cannot go onto the field until 6 PM. Please do not enter the grounds before then.Our goal for the Friday evening is as follows:
- Set-up main tent
- assemble 3 beam antennas
- establish location for vans that will be staying for the weekend
- set-up generators and one or two vertical antennas for stations to practice overnight Friday
Not everyone is able to participate in the set-up and loading of the truck, so this note is more informational, but we look forward to seeing you at field day.
- Will need someone to pick up bagels donated by Town Bagel in Bellmore. Simple breakfast.
- Complete set-up Does anyone have 10×10 pop-ups that they can lend us?
- Tower and ladders to be assembled in order when all three are ready
- Lunch around 12
- On the air at 2 PM
- On air ends 2 PM Sunday.
- We need as much help as possible taking things down on Sunday. Equipment will now be stored locally in Wantagh so even helping out, you should be done pretty early on Sunday.
- Field Day Availability
Please give us an idea of your availability and areas of interest for Field Day, 2018. This year we will set up on Friday night and Saturday morning, June 22nd and 23rd.
Click HERE to fill out the form.
- ARISS Contact and Freeport Public Schools 3/27/18
Today Freeport High School hosted an ARISS program including a very nice
exchange between students and the ISS. It was livestreamed for about 2
hours and 27 minutes. The program can be re-played at
livestream.com/fps. The last hour is of most interest.
Our vice president, Craig Ross, spoke representing amateur radio and LIMARC.
Of the few ARISS contacts that I have seen, I think this was the best
prepared and executed.
- May Meetings
May 30th- June Board Meeting- Levittown Library- 7:30
June 6th- June General Meeting
FIELD DAY PREPARATION
- ARISS at Freeport H.S.
LIMARC is the sponsoring club for a contact today between Freeport H.S. and the ISS. You can watch it live stream starting somewhere around 12:40. The actual contact with the ISS will start at 1:41.
- Hamfest June 10th, 2018
~ Sunday, June 10th, 2018
9 AM – 1 PM ~
Site of Briarcliffe College
1055 Stewart Ave, Bethpage, NY 11714
Open at 9am to Buyers
Vendors Set Up at 7am
Amateur Radio Dealers & Equipment
Tune-Up Clinic (Get your Rig Checked!)
LCD Monitors, Computer, CB Equipment, ARRL Information
Long Island Mobile Amateur Radio Club Information DXCC and WAS Card Checking
General Admission $6.00
PAID UP LIMARC MEMBERS GET FREE ADMISSION TO THE
Licensed Ham’s Non-Licensed spouse & children under 12 are free.
Free Parking! Food & Refreshments! Door Prizes!
Have a Few Items to Sell?
LIMARC will have a table set up to sell items for others. There’s no charge to club members.
Non-members pay just 10% of their selling price. Please make sure to mark your price clearly on the item.
VENDORS > One Car space and one Vendor, $15.00
Each additional space $10.00, 3/$25 + $6 per vendor
7am Vendor Set Up. Close-in and drop off parking for Vendors. Vendors Must Comply With NY State Sales Tax Laws.
The sale of guns, ammunition or pornographic material is prohibited.
Send your check to LIMARC, PO Box 392, Levittown, NY 11756-0392.
Please use the following form for vendor registration